Sunday, October 21, 2007

Oct. 21

Last night's dream...I dreamt that I was walking down a street and balloons were floating down all around me. The sky was a perfect crystal blue and the balloons were yellow, red, green, blue, purple, and pink. All the balloons had faces painted on them with black magic marker. Some of the faces were smiling and some had little round "o" mouths like they were surprised. The balloons would float towards the ground and then suddenly be bouyed by a wind I couldn't see or feel. Then they'd go up again and swirl around and come back down toward the ground. Up and down. I bought an ice cream and sat on a park bench and watched the balloons. An old woman came and sat down next to me. She had an ice cream too. We smiled at each other and then I said, "Boy, these balloons are really something else huh?" And the old lady smiled and said, "Yes, I watch them every day." and I said, "I wonder who paints the faces on them." and the old lady said, "Oh, the priests do that. So that their souls can go to heaven." The old lady vanished and I was alone again on the park bench watching the balloons float around, eating my ice cream and counting the faces with the O's.

No comments: