Sunday, October 28, 2007

Oct. 28

Last night's dream...I was on the Eiffel tower. There was a slight breeze. I had on a sports uniform, like a basketball outfit, and these outrageously large high top tennis shoes…the kind that cost an arm and a leg and have pumps in them and lights that flicker when you walk and mine even played little tunes when I jumped up and down. I found this out because as I was standing on the Eiffel Tower there was suddenly a bug, a very big and slimy bug, and I jumped up and down to get out of its way as it traversed the walkway. It had a little camera around its neck and I thought, “Oh, just another tourist…like me.” I decided to climb out on to a parapet that suddenly appeared…”I can get a really good shot from there!” I thought. Meaning a photograph. I climbed out and all of Paris spread below me! It was glorious and after I took the picture I decided to fly around a bit. I pumped up the shoes and after pumping for a really long time little wings began to appear on either side of each shoe. “Groovy.” I sighed. Once the wings were of a size that I figured could hold me I leapt off the parapet and went for a little flight around Paris. It was a little chilly, but other than that, it pretty much rocked.
I got thirsty so I did a little somersault kind of thing to get to my shoes so that I could pump them down enough to land. Once I was on the ground again I strolled around until I found a quaint little café on the outskirts of what appeared to be the seedy side of town. I ordered an espresso and it came in a little tiny cup shaped like a trophy. As I raised it to my lips I realized it was a little miniature trophy. There was writing on the side of the trophy but it was too small to see. Luckily there was an antique store next door to the café and I got up and strolled over with my cup, popped inside, and asked , in broken French, if I might borrow a magnifying glass for a short time. The old guy was mean and crusty about it but once I explained that I was Canadian and not American he came across with the magnifying glass. I held it up to the trophy and read, “Congratulations! You’ve arrived.”

No comments: