Monday, November 12, 2007

November 12

Last night's dream...I was walking through a grocery store looking for cake mix. Every aisle I went down had vegetables in some form...one aisle had canned, one had frozen, one had fresh, one had just pictures of vegetables that you could buy. I stopped a young pimply faced boy who was wearing a shirt with the grocery store name emblazoned across the back and a name tag. "Young man, I said, Where is the cake mix?" He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "I don't work here lady." I went to the front of the store where there was a convenient store map...I looked at it for a long time but it kept blinking and changing. The text on the map would shift really quickly. At one point I thought I saw CAKE MIX up in the left corner but by the time I shifted my eyes to that point in space it said SPINACH. I was getting very scared because I could not find the cake mix. I looked down and someone had loaded my cart with bell peppers, carrots, lettuce, bok choy, corn, squash, and tomatoes. I looked at the cart and something dawned on me, "Tomatoes are NOT a vegetable!" I shouted. "They are a fruit! HA HA!" I exclaimed. The other shoppers glanced over at me and then quickly glanced away. The cart sat there laden with vegetables. I looked down and realized I had a magic wand in my left hand. I had on a little fairy costume with diaphanous wings and a small frilly skirt. I waved the wand. Nothing happened. I waved it again. Still nothing. I pointed it at the cart and waved it. Nothing. I pointed it at a little old lady and her shopping cart. Nothing. "Stupid wand." I muttered. "It's just a prop. It's not real." said a voice. I looked around then I looked down at the cart. One of the red bell peppers had a mouth with red lips and big white teeth. "It's just a prop. A fake wand. You're not really a fairy." The pepper explained patiently. I leaned down close and whispered to the Pepper, "Where is the cake mix?"

No comments: