Saturday, December 15, 2007

December 15, 2007

Last night's dream...Last night I dreamt that I was strolling down what appeared to be a street in London. The shop windows had crisps and tea and tea cups and English saddles, and fish and chips, and other "English" things in them and the air just felt British. I had on a black dress and a black coat and so at first I didn't notice but after a while I realized that I had a big hole in my torso. The hole went straight through me and was about the size of a hockey puck. I stuck my hand through it and wiggled my fingers. It disturbed me somewhat but not as much as you'd think. Since there was no pain or discomfort I decided to button my coat and continue with my walk. The sun was just about to set as I passed a park. All the trees took on that black look that they do just before the sun goes away. I love that time of day. There was a very slight moon in the sky and some birds were flying home. It was unusually quiet. A beautiful moment. Then I thought about the hole again and took a peek. It was still there. I decided to walk through a bit of the park...just on the edge...the streetlights started coming on and the shop keepers were coming out of their shops and locking up for the night. A few smiled or waved at me. I reached a part of town that was mostly homes with a little pub or shop on an occasional corner. I could hear distant laughter when a pub door would open and close behind a satisfied customer. I saw something shiny in the road up ahead. A big black taxi passed over the object and stopped to let someone out. I loitered a bit being drawn, as I am, to shiny objects. The taxi departed and the object glinted again in the light of a distant streetlamp. I looked up and down the street. It was deserted. I walked into the road and retrieved the object. It was a disk covered in clear Swarovski crystals. I flipped it over. Attached to the center of the disk was a little piece of paper with words typewritten in arial that said, "This side up". I opened my coat and sure enough the disk fit the hole in my torso perfectly. I checked twice to make sure "This side up" was side up. Once I had the disk secured I buttoned my coat and walked over to the pub on the corner for a little celebration drink.

1 comment:

lklight said...

Oh Elliott these are hysterical!
Andrea sent me a link a few weeks ago & I've been following it ever since.
When I saw that you had posted just now I thought "oh good, Elliott had another dream!"
I write my dreams down in a journal & I just love to look back & read them all years later.
Is it OK if I share this site on my blog?
Leighanna
PS, remember...THIS SIDE UP!
It's very important that you remember exactly how to fill that hole!