Friday, December 4, 2009

Last night's dream 12/04/09

Last night I dreamt I was hanging from a cliff. My heart was pounding near out of my chest and I was a hairs breath from panic. I kept moving my legs and feet seeking a tiny bit of purchase just enough to take the stress off my arms and hands. There was nothing. Nothing. Jesus appeared over the edge of the cliff, smiling down at me. "Let go." he encouraged. "Help me!" I begged. "Help me up!" He shook his head no and really smiled and repeated, "Let go. It'll be fine." I looked over my shoulder and the drop was so magnificent that I couldn't see the bottom. Just a black pit. "Help me up! Help me up!" I pleaded. Again the smile, the head shake, the gentle, "It'll be alright...just...let...go." I proceeded to explore the wall with my feet and legs. I grew frantic. My arms were tiring and I knew I couldn't hold much longer. Jesus sighed. "I'll help you." he said, and stood up. Then he stomped his foot down on my right hand as hard as he could. I screamed and let go of the cliff. Now I dangled one handed from the cliff's edge. Jesus smiled and stomped on my left hand. I released the cliff's edge and down, down, down I went...falling through space. Falling. Then "thwunk" I landed. In your arms. In the arms of love.

No comments: