Friday, October 16, 2009

Last night's dream 10/16/09

Last night I dreamt I was in a Gypsy's tent sitting on these cushions at a low table. There were tarot cards scattered face down all over the table. A young girl came in carrying an ornate metal tray and set it down in front of me. There was a cup of coffee and a creamer and a sugar bowl with a lid. And a small white spoon. I thanked the young girl and she moved away. I poured what must have been heavy cream, it was so thick, into the coffee and gave it a taste. It was a little bitter so I lifted the lid off the sugar bowl. Inside were tiny squarish bones. I gave a little soft "tsk". I tasted the coffee again but there was no way I could drink it as it was. I had to sweeten it. So I lifted the little white spoon and it gave off this little whistle sound. I dug into the little bowl of bones and two landed on the bowl of the spoon. I held them over the coffee wondering if this was going to improve things or make them worse. I dumped the bones into the coffee and gave them a gentle stir with the whistling spoon. I set the spoon down and tasted the coffee. It was perfect! I thought seriously about stealing some of those little bones for later. I wondered what kind of bones they were. I felt guilty for thinking of stealing them. I tasted the delicious coffee again. Before I knew it the coffee cup was empty. I waited a while just looking around. Then I began fiddling with the whistling spoon. Eventually the young girl came in and took the spoon away from me along with all the coffee stuff and the tray. I clasped my hands together and rolled my thumbs over each other over and over. I thought about my shoes. I reached for my cell phone to check the time but I didn't have it on me. Finally I gathered all the tarot cards together and shuffled them up real good. Then I thought of a question and flipped one over. It was blank. "Well, that blows." I thought and stuck it back in the deck. I shuffled again and thought of a question and turned one over. It was blank. "Oh, har de har har." I thought ticked off. I put it back in the deck and shuffled. Then I turned the cards over and rifled through them. They were all there. The last card was the blank one. I thought about setting it to the side but that didn't feel right. I turned the cards over and shuffled a few times and thought of a question and turned over a card and it was blank. Then I picked a second card and turned it over. It was blank. Then a third. Blank. I put them back in the deck and turned the entire deck over. All the cards were there, one blank at the very end. I set the deck down and turned over one card from the top. Blank. Then another and another. All blanks. So I gathered them all together and turned them back over and shuffled them a bit. Then I set them in the middle of the table and saw that one of the little bones has fallen out of the sugar bowl and was laying on the table. I put that on top of the deck. The drapes at the front of the room parted and a nervous man walked in carrying a hat in his hands. "Are you the one that can tell my future?" he asked. I shifted my eyes around the room and realized that hell yes, I was the fortune teller! I gestured for the man to sit. I took the bone off the deck and popped it into my mouth. "Shuffle." I commanded.

No comments: