Friday, October 30, 2009

Last night's dream 10/30/09

Last night I dreamt I was heading back to Bisbee. I was camping out as I went and it was taking a few weeks to get there. One day I was in a store and I found a little box that had other little boxes inside it. I decided to buy it. I carried it around the store and would set it down to look at other things and then pick it back up. I was very interested in one display--but now I can't remember what it was. I kept opening the box that I had decided to buy because I couldn't remember what was inside. At one point I opened it and one of the smaller boxes inside now had a dent in it. I said, "Tsk." I can't remember if I ever bought the box but the next thing I know I am outside in a field and getting ready to set up my tent. I set it up and crawl in and fall asleep. When I wake up I am laying on one of those camp blow up mattresses that is about an inch thick and about 2 feet wide. It is orange. There is no tent. I am just laying on that thing with a bath towel over me. I look around and all these hippies are waking up and crawling out of their tents. The next thing I know I am in a van, again headed for Bisbee. There is another woman in the back of the van with me and two women in the front of the van separated from us. The van stops and we all pile out and we are on the beach. I say, "What beach is this?" and Someone walking past says, "It's L.A.! Man! It's L.A.!" I open a magazine I have been carrying around. There is a contest in the magazine that is something like this...Jennifer Aniston has created a website and if you can catch her cruising her own website you win....something...I am not sure what the prize was...so I keep flipping through this magazine for clues and then I keep surfing the Internet on a computer that has magically appeared...then disappears and appears again. Now I have the magazine and am flipping around and this guy walks up and asks what I'm doing and I tell him about the contest and he obviously thinks it's the stupidest thing he's heard of. It turns out he's the husband of one of the women who was in the cab of the van. He's looking for her so that he can apologize. We walk up to a row of doors along the beach and he starts knocking turning to me and saying, "She's probably in one of these beauty parlors." He walks away from the door he has just banged on to bang on one about a half a block away. I am standing there when a woman comes to the door. I start to explain but she interrupts me to say, "They had a fight, huh?" I say, "Yeah, looks that way..." She tells me she is getting a dye job on her hair. "I'm tired of looking old..." She says. I say, "How old are you?" She replies, "95." I start to laugh..."Well, if there was any time to look old it would be at 95, wouldn't it?" Then I tell her, "You look like you are in your 60's...after the dye job they are going to start carding you again!" She likes this a lot and laughs and grabs my arm.

No comments: