Friday, October 9, 2009

Last night's dream 10/9/09

Last night I dreamt that I was in the Amazon forest and I was trying to get a date with a member of this tribe chief's family. I didn't speak the language and no one spoke English so we were trying to communicate with pictures drawn in the sand. I was drawing cocktails to symbolize, "Would you like to go have a drink somewhere?" But from the tribe's reaction I could tell that my little cocktail shaker and glass and two stick figures smiling did not mean the same to them because the next thing you know I'm being trussed like a great big chicken and set up over a bed of coals. I didn't panic though. I simply did one of those little snickey sounds one does to call a horse over and my trusty steed, Marcus, came trotting over. Using his teeth he undid the ropes and then he gently grabbed my clothing in his teeth and carted me a few feet away from the fire then he set me down. I said, "Good boy, Marcus!" Jumped on his back and thundered away. I looked over my shoulder to see the tribe members all standing outside their huts waving goodbye. I thought, "Oh, what the heck!" and wheeled Marcus around. "How hard can it be to draw something we can both understand?" I mused. Later, when I was back on the grill and Marcus was being wooed with fresh fruit by a passel of half naked women I found out just how unwise my optimism could be.

No comments: