Sunday, October 18, 2009

Last night's dream 10/18/09

Last night I dreamt that I was eating chocolate out of a big bag. Each chocolate was the shape of something and I had to name it before I ate it or the chocolate would turn into broccoli in my mouth. Uncooked. So I was sitting there watching "The Mentalist" and saying, "Barn." and then I would eat the little chocolate barn. I had to be pretty specific. If I said, "House." and it was a barn I would get uncooked broccoli. So I had to examine each chocolate fairly closely. If it was hard to tell what it was I would say, "Shoe?" then take a little nibble at the toe area. If I was right I got chocolate, wrong, the evil broccoli. But then I had the chance to correct it "Sneaker." and get the rest of the piece in soothing chocolate. I had to pause the show several times since some of the pieces had melted a little in the Palm Springs summer night. When I had gotten three broccoli's in a row I realized that the melting had reached a critical juncture. I quickly put the bag of chocolates in the fridge, but it was too late, they were contorted to the point of unrecognizability. It was no fun the next day to sit on the couch peering and peering at a chunk of disfigured chocolate and guessing and guessing and guessing at what it might have been.

No comments: