Sunday, November 8, 2009

Last night's dream 11/08/09

Last night I dreamt that I finally got that pair of Loubouton's that I had been drooling over. The ones with the 4 inch heels that I convinced myself would somehow be not only easy to walk in but comfortable for two hours. "I can wear any shoe that is comfortable for two hours!" I convinced myself forcefully. But when they arrived they came in a size 9 instead of 6. I called the factory and they yelled a bunch of French at me and hung up. I then received a package in the mail. It was a foot stretcher and a manual about 3 inches thick in French. I did a bunch of "tsk" sounds and then I started typing a paragraph at a time into an automated translation website. The text was very philosophical and profound. But basically it said, "This is going to be painful but worth it. Many people will like you much better when you are in your Louboutin's than like you now. You will have a much more sparkling personality and you will delight people with your wit and charm. So get your feet into the excruciatingly painful stretchers and get to work!" So I sat on the couch with tears streaming down my cheeks as the stretchers worked their magic. It wasn't until after I had gotten up to an 8 that I realized none of my other shoes would ever fit again. Thank goodness I still hadn't bought the Prada's!

No comments: