Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Last night's dream 8/18/09

Last night I dreamt that Rosebud and Nigel were getting ready for school. It was the usual frantic morning. Nigel was eating his turkey and giblets in gravy and Rosebud was just staring sullenly at her bowl, then she jumped up on top of the espresso machine and laid down. I was like, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Come on! Get ready! You are NOT missing that bus again! I am NOT driving you to school this morning!" and Rosebud was like, "Uh...yeah...Mom. Whatever." And Nigel was a sow at a trough going at that turkey and giblets in gravy. I abandoned my attempt at a cup of coffee because it was obvious that Rosebud and Nigel were going to miss the bus. "Where's your homework?" "The dog ate it." Nigel replied and laughed so hard he knocked himself over. Since he was already on his side he decided it was a good time to lick his private parts. "Nigel! Stop! You can do that tonight! Rosebud, Nigel did you wash your face and hands this morning?" Dead silence and then little tongues licked little paws and swiped several times across little faces. "Did you both poop?" "Yes, Mom!" "Yes, Mom." "IN the box?!?!" "Oh Mother! I've NEVER pooped outside the box...and that inappropriate urination phase ended years ago! Must you constantly bring it up?!?!?" "Alright, alright. You are right. You've been a good girl for a long time now and I shouldn't..." Just then Rosebud strolled away to the far side of the living room and began to regurgitate on the very expensive silk carpet from China. "Rosebud!" I yelped and dove for her. I grabbed her and moved her to the formica. "Okay..." And she proceeded to bring back up a little chicken and liver pate. "What the...?" I asked puzzled. "Rosebud, we haven't had chicken and liver pate for THREE days!" Rosebud gives me this "didn't-know-just-how-special-I-am-did-you?" look and starts to gather her books together for school. As they are heading out the door I snatch the catnip mouse from Nigel's backpack and try to hand each a few bucks..."Lunch money you two..." Rosebud is already on her cell phone to the Dalmation down the street and rolls her eyes at the money. "Yeah, right...like I'm going to eat LUNCH." she smirks. Nigel looks at me beseechingly and I hand over all the money I have so that he can get a proper Nigel sized lunch.

No comments: