Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last night's dream 8/30/09

Last night I dreamt that Richard Burton and I were sitting in a bar chatting about the weather in Palm Springs. Richard was saying it was "...just too bloody hot for real like Daddy-o!" And I was defending the heat "...but it's a DRY heat, Dick! A DRY heat! Go live in Mississippi for a year!" And we were laughing and ordering more mojitos. Liz Taylor comes in. Not the current in-a-wheelchair Liz but the 1965 I'll-kick-your-ass-just-by-looking-at-you-with-my-violet-eyes Liz. She is wearing this knock-out wiggle dress with an award winning decoulage. She walks over, lights a cigarette and looks at me. The bartender comes over and she purrs to him, "Hello handsome. I'll have what their having..." He quickly whips up a mojito and presents it to Liz with a flourish. She takes a sip, whispers, "Oooooohhhh yummy!" and throws it in my face. "No one talks about the weather to Richard but me..." comes out of her like whip cream on a cake. I ask the barman for a napkin and wipe the mojito off my face. "Liz, you bitch!" I say delightedly. "Lucky for you my eyeliner is permanent or there would be true hell to pay...as it is, I'm just going to knock your block off..." and I punch her in the nose. She goes down like a sack. Richard Burton stands up shocked and heads towards me. I warn him, "You really don't want to get into it with me Dickie boy...my MOTHER used to be called "Spitfire" on the elementary school playground..." He backs away slowly and goes to Liz and helps her up. She spits out, "You're lucky Night....lucky your sister is standing behind you!" I whip around and sure enough there is my little sister only she's not her current age either but about 6 years old with missing front teeth and shit and she's got her fists up. "Mess with my Sister, mess with me..." she hisses. Liz's face displays fear and dismay. Richard Burton helps her stumble out of the bar. I turn to my sister and we give each other the high 5. Then she sits down and orders a glass of milk. She turns to me and says, "Get ready...I just saw Barbara Streisand heading this way..."

No comments: