Monday, August 24, 2009

Last night's dream 8/24/09

Last night I dreamt that Rosebud and Nigel were wrestling on the living room floor. There was the usual biting and batting and then Rosebud started quoting lines from Tombstone, in particular the bar scene where Wyatt Earp tells Johnny Tyler to "throw down"...I came in on the middle of it.
Nigel: You run your mouth awful reckless for a cat that don't go heeled.
Rosebud: No need to go heeled to get the bulge on a tub like you. You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!
Nigel: Listen Missy, I'm getting awfully tired of your...(Rosebud smacks him in the head with her paw)
Rosebud: I'm gettin' tired of all your gas, now jerk that pistol and go to work!
Nigel looks around for a pistol: What's a pistol? (he whispers to Rosebud)
Rosebud: [slaps him harder, now completely steely-eyed] I said throw down, boy!
Nigel: MOM! Rosebud's hittin' me!
Rosebud: Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed?
Then Rosebud turns to me flops over on her side and sticks her tongue out. I go over and pat her belly.
Rosebud: Mom, can I get some chaps?
Me: Uh...sure...uh...do they make kitty chaps?
Rosebud: Well if they don't they sure should! And a hat. I'll be needing a cowkitty hat.
Me: Oh....kay....
Nigel: Mom, I want a pistol! I HAVE to have a pistol! Can I? Can I Mom? Can I have a pistol?!?!? PLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Me: What are you going to do with a gun?
Nigel: I'm going to skin that smoke wagon and...GUN?!?!?!
Me: A pistol is a gun honey.
Nigel: Oh no man. I don't want a gun. I'm a peacenik! Rosebud I'm tired of playing Tombstone, can we play HAIR again?
Rosebud sighs, looks at young Nigel and says indulgently: Sure pal, sure. We can play HAIR but I get to be Claude this time.
Nigel leaps up onto the back of the couch raises up on his hind legs and bellows: When the moooooooonnnnnnn, is in the 7th house...
Rosebud leaps up knocking him off the back of the couch and slams a paw into his neck pinning him to the floor. She snarls, "You talkin' to me?..."

No comments: