Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Last night's dream 8/25/09

Last night I dreamt I was the owner of an adult bib clothing line. I had a trendy line of bibs that were black and chain encrusted, and the clasp was a beefy lock with a somewhat rusty key. I had a Laura Ashley-esque line with small cabbage roses and delicate lace that tied behind the neck. I had an elegant line for when you were going out to the real posh restaurants. They were all silk velvet with sterling silver clasps. I had a drag queen line-covered with sequins and jewels, dipping low in the front, some lit up. These all came with a matching wig. I had a conservative line of pinstriped wool bibs and a line of men's work bibs of denim. There were specialty bibs as well for weddings, funerals,and birthdays. I also created custom celebrity bibs. Bruce Willis ordered some "Eat Hard" and "Eat Harder" bibs, Quentin Tarantino ordered some "blood" spattered bibs with the names of all his movies embrodered along the edges, Dolly Parton ordered "left" and "right" bibs, and several celebrities ordered custom bibs that must remain confidential. I was doing pretty good. The bib business was a success. I even had a call from Facebook, they wanted to buy me out. But the bib business was my baby. My little cottage industry, making bibs at my dining table at night, had blossomed into a multi-million dollar affair. I was sending hundreds of bibs to relief agencies in Africa and Asia. There I found out that in Bangladesh the bibs were being sewn together into quilts and so I hired the small village that had come up with the idea and started a "Home" line. Hip Hop stars were buying my bibbypant, Angelina Jolie purchased several of my bibbycaps for all her kids and a half dozen extras for the kids she had planned. I thought it was over the top when a key advisor suggested bibbyshoes but I took the gamble anyway and when Britney wore a pair on the stage the sales skyrocketed overnight. The market was flooded with Bibs and Bib-related merchandise. I couldn't go out of the house without a big on or the magazines went beserk with speculation. When Michelle called me personally for advice on what to wear to a state dinner I was thunderstruck. I was at the top of my game. Bibs were all the rage on the Paris Runway. Everyone had to have one, no, not one, but many. You just couldn't own too many bibs or bib-related products. Now there was a jewelry line that attached to the bibs, bibbybags, babybibbys, petbibbys, bibs for the car, the boat, the private jet. It was a bib-a-licious extravaganza! The bib business was booming! That's when the scandal broke.

No comments: