Thursday, August 20, 2009

Last night's dream 8/20/09

I dreamt that it was my birthday and there was a big party in an airport. Guests kept moving the big long lines of seats to try to make some cozy little seating arrangements but it just wasn't working since the seats were all attached. I was nervous that we would get kicked out. In between all the birthday wishes and singing the loudspeaker would come on announcing flight arrivals and departures. Some friends, who I did not recognize but who obviously knew me by the way they were manhandling me, led me over to a table heaped with gaily wrapped presents. I opened the first one and it was a gerbil. I opened the second one and it was a suitcase for the gerbil...not to put the gerbil in but for the gerbil's clothing and accessories. Which were what I found in the next few presents that I opened. Then I got an Elton John CD, a blond wig, some tampons, a digital camera, a jumbo pack of lint removers, a magazine subscription to some Italian home appliance magazine, and a bright orange fondue set from the 70's along with some string cheese. As I was thanking everyone profusely there was a scuffle at the back of the crowd. "String cheese?!?! You IDIOT! String cheese doesn't MELT. How the hell will she use THAT in the fondue?!?!?" Sneered one guest to another. The other just looked at the first guest and made a scrunched up "neener neener" face. That's when the first guest pushed the second guest and then the second guest pushed the first back. Before I knew it the crowd was yelling, "Fisticuffs! Fisticuffs! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fisticuffs! Fisticuffs! Fight! Fight! Fight!" I grabbed my new gerbil and his little suitcase and ran and hid behind the customer service counter for Gate 13 thinking at the time, "Hey, gate 13 and I was born on the 31st! What a coincidence! Well, it's not actually the same number...so is it still a coincidence or really nothing?" Then I huddled there while complete mayhem took place. Finally there was silence. I slunk out of hiding with my new gerbil under my arm. He bit me harshly on the inside of my arm so I yelped like a school girl and dropped him. He grabbed his little suitcase and scurried away towards Gates 70 and Above. All my guests were either laying on the floor or draped across the connected seats. Some had blood on their bodies and clothing. No one looked like they were seriously injured. I walked over to the "Pay a buck and get a cart" carts and paid a buck. I loaded the cart with all my presents ruing my new gerbil for gnawing his way into my heart and then deserting me for his own adventure. "We could've gone on trips TOGETHER..." I mused. The next morning I got an email requesting the return of the fondue set.

No comments: