Monday, August 3, 2009

Last night's dream 8/2/09

Last night I dreamt I was in the woods. It was dawn. It was cold. There was frost on the ground. I had on a hunter's jacket, pants, and one of those hats with flaps--all in that mottled army fabric so I was hard to see. But on my feet I had on a pair of Manolo Blahnik shoes. They were getting ruined in the mud and effluvia of the woods. Suddenly I heard movement to my left and spun around losing my balance and crashing to the ground. My gun went off and I screamed like a little girl. Out of the woods came a little man about a foot tall with a pointy hat on his head. “Ooooohhhh, a mighty hunter!” He squealed in mock alarm. I sat up and stared. “Got any jellybeans?” He asked. “N…no.” I stammered. “I have some kind of power bar thing…” I murmured. “A what?” he asked. “Some healthy crap.” I explained. “Well, that won’t do. Fire your gun again.” He commanded. “W…..what?” I stammered. “Good gravy woman! Fire your #@#&* GUN!” He yelled. I stood up, pointed the gun at the air and fired. Thousands of jellybeans fell from the sky littering the floor of the forest with color. There was a rustling in the undergrowth and suddenly hundreds of little one foot tall men and women and half foot tall children came out of hiding and began retrieving the beans. I fell back on my ass and sat in silence watching the collection process. “Close your mouth honey.” the little man said gently. I closed my mouth. “I….I….don’t….understand….” I finally spit out. “Everything in life isn’t supposed to be understood Pumpkin,” he said, “Some things are just to be enjoyed.” The collection process ended and the little people disappeared into the forest each giving a friendly wave and a nod. I stood up and grabbed my gun and began walking away. Something hit the top of my head and after recovering from what I was pretty sure was a coronary, I looked down to see a watermelon flavored jellybean laying at my feet.

1 comment:

livingecowise said...

Ok -now I've read a few and am really loving this! I'm hoping it stimulates me to have some interestimg dreams to share because I haven't been paying attention for awhile. You caused me to realize this. I miss them. Especially when I remember the colors....