Sunday, August 2, 2009

Last night's dream 8/1/09

Last night I dreamt I was cooking. I had a pot of water on the stove with the flame turned to high waiting for it to boil. I put the lid on the pot to hurry the process along and then I went to get dressed as I realized I was only wearing an apron! I put on a 1950's cocktail dress that was black and lime green with red rhinestones all over it. I put on some stockings and a really beautiful pair of shoes that were black and lime green with red rhinestones all over them! Then I put the apron back on (it's covered with cats) and went back to the stove. I lifted the lid and the water was boiling and all the little boil bubbles turned into little cartoon faces and they started singing "My Girl". And at each of the "My girl!" repeats some of the bubbles would pop dramatically. I was giggling like a school girl and hoping that they'd sing more when the guests arrived when suddenly the water quit boiling and became totally flat like a mirror. Like an idiot I stuck my finger into it to see if it was still a liquid and burned my finger. I left the stove and ran for the aloe vera gel. Once I had gelled and bandaged my finger I went back to the pot. Now there was vegetables and meat in the pot and all the ingredients had paired off and were waltzing around the bottom of the pot which was now the size of a small ballroom. I had grown big black crow's wings and descended down to the bottom of the pot, aka the dance floor. There a big chunk of stew meat grabbed my arm and spun me around and around. The song ended and before I could get away a carrot yanked me forward and cha cha'ed me across the floor. We made small talk but it was very strained. Once again, when the song ended I tried to get away only to be accosted by a walla walla onion that pulled me a little too close for comfort and began a racy salsa with me. Luckily my stew meat partner cut in and we tangoed around for a moment or two before I was able to make excuses and leave the dance floor/bottom of the pot. I unfurled my wings and flew back up out of the pot and found myself back in the kitchen staring down at the pot. Once again it was filled with boiling water. The water refused to sing. The doorbell rang and I went to greet my guests.

No comments: