Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Last night's dream 9/16/09

Last night I dreamt that Rosebud and Nigel had gotten themselves arrested. They were shoplifting and got caught. I thought it must surely be for some wet food or maybe in Nigel's case a box of Q-tips (his favorite toy once the cotton ends are removed) but no. It was Prada. Rosebud had fallen for a purse and Nigel was going for a leather billfold. It took forever to get into the interrogation room because of course we are not related by blood and since Rosebud was from a shelter there was some question about who she belonged to legally. I sputtered and spouted, "Rosebud doesn't BELONG to anyone!" Then I tried to explain the commitment ceremony that Rosebud, Nigel and I had a few months back. The police didn't want to hear about it. "that's not legal in California..." one officer informed me. Finally, Kyra Sedgwick comes into the room and says, "Who's this?" and the police and I all try to explain at the same time. Kyra says, "The Mother?!?! You're stopping the Mother from going back there?!?!?" But I know it's a Kyra ploy...I've watched too many episodes. When I get back to the interrogation room there is Kyra again with her big purse and there are Rosebud (naked) and Nigel (in a Ralph Lauren polo shirt) with their attorney. "How...what...an attorney?!?! Where...?!?!" I cant' even form a sentence. "Pro Bones." says Nigel conspiratorially. "He's got us pro bones Mom." he tells me very excitedly. "Bono." Rosebud rolls her eyes and corrects. "Sonny?" Nigel asks, having watched more than his share of early 70's TV shows. Rosebud nearly breaks her eyeballs she rolls them so far back in her head. Then she starts to sharpen her nails on the back of one of the interrogation room chairs. "Well, I see you already HAVE an attorney..." Kyra begins. I break in..."What a minute!" Kyra breaks in, "NO! YOU WAIT A MINUTE!" and when I stop she says, "Thank you. Thank you very much...I'd like to hear from Rosebud." Rosebud rolls her eyes and says, "Meow." Kyra gets a little cranked at that and I have to smirk thinking, "Welcome to my world. I look forward to seeing you "close" on Rosebud!" Kyra says, "Well, that's fine Rosebud. You have an attorney and so let me tell YOU the story...." and she launches into this huge compelling story about the body and the murder weapon and where the body was found and the means and the motive until I say, "This is about a Prada abduction! Prada!" Kyra stops cold and looks on the table at the gorgeous Prada bag (bigger than Rosebud herself so how she got it out of the store is beyond me) and the billfold laying on the table. Kyra looks at her own bag on the floor then back at the Prada bag then back at her own sorry bag then back at the Prada. She starts to get upset. I say, "How's Kitty, Kyra?" and she shoots me a hairy eyeball look. I say, "You know, we're going to waive our right to an attorney and since it's a first offense and all, we're just going to..." and I start to gather up Nigel and Rosebud and head for the door. Rosebud looks back at the Prada bag and begins to squirm and I whisper, "Please, please, please my little ANGEL please let's get the hell out of here. I will look for one for you on Ebay I PROMISE." Rosebud rolls her eyes and sinks her claws into my back so that she is CERTAIN that I will not drop her as we head out of the room. Kyra shouts down the hall after us, "This bag will have to be kept INDEFINITELY as evidence!" I look over at Nigel to see that he's carrying the Prada billfold in his paws. I say, "Oh no! Nigel!" But he says, "It's okay Mom. The billfold was a FREE gift with the bag...we only shoplifted the bag...the billfold was FREE." Rosebud rolls her...

No comments: