Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Last night's dream 9/9/09

Last night I dreamt I was on a date with a chicken. It was a blind date and I was miffed at my friend who had arranged it. "Here I am all gussied up and for what?!?! A chicken!" I thought heatedly. The chicken was nice enough but where was the intense conversation about spirituality, societal norms, cultural oddities, or even gossip about the latest movie or intriguing book or TV show? No. The chicken was pretty limited. The chicken clucked a bit but other than that was fairly unengaged. "What kind of a date is this?!?!" I thought near tears. "OK, calm down.." I told myself. "Maybe the chicken is shy." So I went out of my way to ask about siblings and hobbies and what have you. But all's I got was more clucking. We went to dinner at a pretty nice restaurant but I had to order vegetarian which didn't make me too happy but I felt I had no choice. The chicken order cornmeal. We didn't talk much. I kept focusing on my salad and counting the number of chews per bite. I didn't even get to look at a dessert menu before the chicken had whipped out a tiny wallet and plopped down a credit card on top of the bill. We sat looking at each other over after dinner coffee. Finally I couldn't resist. "So, why DID the chicken cross the road?" I asked innocently.

No comments: