Sunday, September 6, 2009

Last night's dream 9/6/09

Last night I dreamt I was getting ready for a date. I have many fabulous dresses but each one I tried on had an issue. It was too small. It was too big. It was ripped. It was stained. It was a bad color on me. It wasn't flattering. It was too slutty. It was too conservative. The pattern was too bold. The pattern was too subtle. It was the wrong season for it. I didn't have shoes to go with it. It made me look old. The style was too youthful. It was too short. It was too long. I felt funny in it. I left dresses and moved on to skirts. First I tried on a big Southern Belle hoop skirt and I thought, "Well, how will I get into a restaurant booth in this thing?!?!" Then I tried on a grass skirt, too casual. Then I tried on a leather skirt, too S&M. Then I tried on a Catholic Girl's school skirt, too "getting my freak on". Then I tried on a white skirt, too risky, there would be food involved. Suddenly that was the end of the skirts and I thought, "Well, that's not right! I KNOW I have over 40 skirts..." So I dug around in the closet some more but couldn't find any other skirts. My closet was filled with travel brochures for the Ukraine. I flipped one open and then another and another. The women in the brochures were all wearing these amazing dresses and skirts! I couldn't get over the fabulous "looks" the models had. "Well, that's it!" I declared to the cats, "I'm going to the Ukraine!" I still didn't have a skirt for my date that night so I headed to the toolbox, like I always do in a pinch. I pulled out the duct tape and got ready for my date.

No comments: