Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Last night's dream 9/15/09

Last night I dreamt that I was walking along the edge of the surf at the ocean. The sun was just rising and it was one of those magical moments when the air is shimmery and it's so quiet that you can hear your breath in your own ears. I was wearing a white sleeveless cotton slip, like a tee-shirt. It came to about my knees. I wasn't wearing shoes but I was carrying a pair in each hand. In one hand a pair of Fleuvog's. They were pink with black trim. They were very girlie girl. The other pair: Cydwoq's. Black leather with a fetching clever little heel. They were girlie girl too. And I thought, "I'm such a girlie girl now...when did that happen?" Then I walked up to a beach blanket. On the beach blanket was my plastic tub I use as my toolbox. Jesus was sitting on the blanket methodically labeling all my tools. He said, "I want you to quit calling this a thingie. It's a socket wrench. You have good tools you need to show them some respect and call them their proper names." I made my "I'm ashamed" face but inside I had on my "I'm annoyed" face. "Tools are like shoes..." Jesus explained. "They get you were you need to go." Then I really did have on my "I'm ashamed" face. "Let's go hang pictures and build tables." He suggested. He closed the toolbox and waited for me to pick it up. I had to hold both shoes in one hand to do it but I managed. We walked up the beach and my house was there and we went inside and there was a stack of wood. Jesus turned to me and said, "Instead of buying pair after pair why don't we build you some shoes?"

No comments: