Sunday, September 13, 2009

Last night's dream 9/13/09

I dreamt I was country western dancing. I was being spun around the dance floor like a top. Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash were singing on a stage in front of the dancers. Not the old JC and JCC but what they were like in their heyday. June was getting all riled up and Johnny was beaming at her. Then suddenly it was Billy Idol up there but it was still June's voice belting out song after song. Billy was wearing my favorite cocktail dress and as I was twirled in front of the stage I kept trying to look at the seams to see if he was stretching them out. He looked pretty good in that dress. I had on a scuba diving suit and was getting pretty sweaty with all the twirling, twirling, twirling but I didn't want to stop. My partner was soooo good at leading and I didn't even need to count, "slow, slow, quickquick...slow, slow, quickquick..." I was just dancing. Floating around the floor. Twirling like one of those little ballerinas in the jewelry boxes. I had on Chie Mihara heels with the wetsuit and when I realized this I felt pretty stupid..."What must I have been thinking to pair these two together?!?!?" I thought and I really hoped no one would notice the outfit. "I try so hard to wear nice color coordinated fetching little outfits and tonight I come up with this?!?!?" I thought and then I stumbled and realized I needed to quit thinking about my attire and just concentrate on enjoying the dance. By now I was really sweating under the wetsuit so when the song ended I excused myself and stepped outside. In the parking lot was my friend's swimming pool from their backyard in Palm Springs. It's a salt water pool and I took off the Chie Mihara's, removed a lipstick from my bosom and dove in. The water was a brilliant blue green and there were lights all along the side of the pool. When I broke the surface there was a mermaid in front of me, inches from my face. She startled me so I shrieked like a little school girl. This made her laugh. Then she turned around and I crawled onto her back and she motorboated me around the pool. After that we played Marco Polo for about 20 minutes. Then she said, "You'd better get back to the dance floor...they're about to play your favorite song!" And she disappeared under the water. I got out of the water and beside a plush towel was a gorgeous Vera Wang cocktail dress and my Chie Mihara heels. I toweled off and put on the fabulous dress and shoes, swiped a little lipstick across my lips and headed back inside the country bar. The disco ball was spinning and the whole dance floor looked magical. In the middle of the floor stood my dance partner. I walked over and got into dance position. On the stage was an old folksy jug band with a guy on washboard and a guy on saw, and one of those twangy mouth harp thingies. They started playing and it was "You Can't Touch This" by M.C. Hammer. My partner said, "Oh, a waltz! Crap. I can't handle this..." and walked off the dance floor. I looked down and under the Wang dress I now had on the big Hammer pants. Suddenly the dance floor was filled with dancers and we all proceeded to do the steps to the "You Can't Touch This" song. I thought, "Well, it's great I know the steps and have on the pants and everything...but that mermaid was wrong...this is not my favorite song."

No comments: