Friday, September 4, 2009

Last night's dream 9/4/09

Last night I dreamt that Rosebud, Nigel, and I were escaping from the Nazi troops that had invaded Palm Springs. We were doing a kind of "Sound of Music" retreat across the desert. I was in the lead with a backpack full of cat food, their Drinkwell Platinum drinking fountain, their food bowls, a big bag of their Organix dry food, and a pair of underwear for myself. In my hands I carried a bag of "The World's Best Cat Litter" and a litter box. Rosebud was after me. She had on these ADORABLE hiking boots and nothing else. Nigel had on a pair of Dr. Marten's and a blue tutu. They were both walking upright in the dream. Both had on backpacks. Rosebud's was a Xena The Warrior backpack and it was full of tin foil balls. Nigel's was an Ironman backpack and it was full of Q-tip sticks with the fuzzy ends removed. We all had on matching Bolle sunglasses. After about three hours of walking the cats were pretty tired so I scooped them up and put them in the litter box with the bag of litter and we continued on our way. Nigel began to suckle the inside of my elbows and this time I didn't stop him, the kid had been through enough. I stopped to rest under a very small tree and I broke off a piece of cactus so we could all drink from it's sticky liquid. I glanced back over the horizon and saw soldiers coming our way. I threw down the cactus and grabbed the litter box jamming both cats into it unceremoniously. I ran as fast as I could my heart beating furiously my mind spinning! How had they found us so quickly? From the opposite direction I saw a puff of smoke that became a trail and then I saw the Hummer coming at me. It was loaded with nuns and I knew then that we would be okay.

No comments: