Thursday, September 3, 2009

Last night's dream 9/3/09

I dreamt I was making spaghetti for a film crew. Angelina Jolie came up to me and asked if I wanted to be adopted but when I told her I was an American she lost interest and strolled away. I noticed she was wearing these Chie Mihara shoes that I have always lusted after and regretted that I didn't tell her I was from a third world country because I thought, "If anyone can afford a BUNCH of Chie Mihara's it's Angelina...actually Chie Mihara's are probably slumming for Angelina..." and then I stirred the spaghetti again. Joni Mitchell came over and I didn't recognize her and she had to tell me she was Joni Mitchell and I felt embarrassed for both of us. I told her I liked her song "Luka" and then was really embarrassed because truthfully I liked it the first time or two I heard it and then I got bored with it pretty fast and would always change the station when it would come on. When I told her I liked it she kinda rolled her eyes like, "Is that all people can remember of my vast musical career?!??!" and I thought, "Man, it's too bad Joni didn't show up in someones dream that was a really big fan of hers..." Then I stirred the spaghetti again. Joni grabbed a salad and headed for her dressing room to eat in peace. Kate Blanchett walked up and I thought, "Oh my! Oh my! I am in LOVE with Kate Blanchett! She is so pale. She is translucent!" And I stirred the spaghetti really hard and tried to act cool but she just smiled at me, grabbed a yogurt and left. I opened a cabinet door to check see if my paleness came close to Kate's paleness but my paleness was more sallow and Kate's was more ethereal and I thought, "Well, yeah, she probably spends thousands of dollars on her skin care regime and I get whatever dregs I can at the TJ Maxx clearance table..." Meg Ryan comes up and is very nice to me and actually orders a plate of the spaghetti when it's ready. I can't help thinking, "Wow! I thought Angelina had big lips. Yikes! Her face is like two thirds lip..." then I feel bad because it's not her fault and I think she probably was just trying to look better and I think, "Aren't we all? Aren't we all?" And I think again about my TJ Maxx vitamin C night creme which I've started using about 20 years too late and that leads me to thinking about my retirement fund because that's another thing I started about 20 years too late. I give the spaghetti a vicious stir and then I calm down remember that it's just life and I am very lucky for the great life I have and I think about my babies and realize they are cats and how lucky is that?!?! Waaaayyyy lucky! By then the spaghetti was done and I pour this huge, huge vat of spaghetti into a huge colander and then onto this huge platter that frankly resembled a kiddie swimming pool from a discount super store and then I pour another huge, huge vat of spaghetti sauce on top with what must've been a thousand meatballs in it and I go over and ring one of those old triangles like in the old western movies and all of these extras and sound technicians and best boys and girls come running at me whooping and hollering. I step back and wipe my hands on my apron. Christoper Walken comes up to me and I have to hold the counter to keep from fainting because it's Christopher (f-ing) Walken! And he says, "You've done a good job here...with the pasta and the meatballs and all...I'm impressed. I like your style. You've got something kid." And I croak out a "Thank you Mr. Walken...sir." He strides over to the table doing a little pirouette at the last minute before grabbing a plate and digging into the spaghetti. I literally have to wipe a tear from my eye before grabbing the cookbook off the shelf and flipping through looking for tomorrow's lunch item.

No comments: