Saturday, September 12, 2009

Last night's dream 9/12/09

Last night I dreamt that I was riding on a scooter and fell down a big hill. I tumbled over and over and finally came to rest at the bottom. I laid there for a little while trying to collect my thoughts and gingerly moving arms and legs to make sure nothing was broken. As I was patting myself to check my general condition I felt what I thought was a smallish ping pong ball resting on my chest. On closer inspection it turned out to be my eyeball! I thought, "Oh great! Dating is going to be a bitch now! Where does one get an eye patch and do they come in Hawaiian patterns? Can I have them made to order so that I can get them in fabrics to match my cocktail dresses? Or maybe ones that would match a purse and shoes? I wonder if they have any stick-on ones so that my hair doesn't get mussed by the band?" Suddenly I was a little excited about accessorizing and not too upset about the loss of the eye. Which seemed quite shallow to me and I was disturbed. I sat up and absentmindedly tossed the eye up and down in my hand, pondering my obsession with style. That led me to review my collection of cocktail dresses and shoes and then I started thinking about a pair of shoes that my Mom accidentally put in a yard sale back in the 80's that I had wanted to keep. They were a pair of cream platforms with multi-colored flowers embroidered on them and red laces. They really didn't fit me well and I was flummoxed by my regret at not having them anymore. "I mean really, I would probably have sold them myself by now." I was still tossing my eyeball up and down and pondering my general belief system or lack thereof when a naked woman on an elephant rode up. The elephant squatted down low so the woman could disembark. She strolled over to me and as I tossed the eyeball she caught it in mid-air, tilted my head back and slammed the eyeball back into place. Then she kissed my forehead and got back on her elephant and rode away. I looked around, testing my eye and when I found it was good got up, retrieved my scooter, and rode away.

No comments: